Why is it that builders and landlords always default to the dreaded “boob light” flushmount fixture? It’s so easy to do better, and still be affordable! I’ll admit, it’s been three years and we still have the builder’s basic ones in almost every room but I’m slowly working to change that! On my hunt for affordable alternatives to the boob light, I was surprised how easy it is these days to find clean, modern flushmount options. Here are a few of my favorites.
Cool, Affordable Flushmount Lights
- Nimbus Large Flushmount, Rejuvenation: I love the mid-century modern vibe of this one, the little pinhole dot detail at the top is so good. Thinking of these in our master bedroom – the rest of the house is pretty traditional architecturally, but I think we can go more mod in here.
- Blanche Flushmount Light, CB2: This one is so pretty, too – a strong contender for kitchens or bedrooms.
- Drum Flushmount: So simple but so good! Great price on a flushmount that looks good in any room. I like these for our living room – simple and non-intrusive but sleek and modern.
- Moravian Flush Mount, Bed Bath & Beyond: This star version is stunning in an entryway, or makes a gorgeous impact in multiples leading down a hallway.
- Freemont Outdoor Semi Flushmount, Home Decorators Collection: This cute and cheerful blue flushmount is listed for use in damp locations so I’d put it in a bathroom or mudroom.
- Tori 3 Light Semi-Flushmount, Domino: The brass “tassel” and hand-dyed ombre fabric are so pretty – I love it in bedrooms, cozy living rooms or offices.
- Feiss Kincaid Flushmount, Macy’s: This is such a streamlined no-nonsense light, I can see in modern or industrial kitchens and living rooms.
- Button Flushmount Light: Sweet and simple, would fit with most any style. Cute in kids’ rooms and playrooms.
- Fabric Shade Flushmount, West Elm: Classic made modern with stylish metal, great for low-ceilings.
- Sea Gull Flushmount, Target: This neutral flushmount is perfect for transitional or eclectic styles – we have a lot of oil-rubbed bronze fixtures in the kitchen, so this would look great in the adjacent living room. Amazing price for such a stylish fixture!
- Minka Lavery Flushmount, Bed Bath & Beyond: Definitely leans traditional but not too stuffy at all. Priced right to use in multiples in a hallway or living room.
Have you found any great alternative options that are affordable or did I miss any of your favorites? I’d love to hear about your finds!